Sausage-Stuffed French Bread Loaf
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 lb. Savoie's® sausage, cut in ½" slices
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup shopped bell peppers
- 1- 7.3 oz jar sliced mushrooms
- 1- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives
- 2 cups chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 loaf French bread (1#)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- season to taste
- Saute onions and bell peppers.
- Stir in sausage and spaghetti sauce until blended.
- Cut top of bread off; about ½ inch, and put aside.
- Cut into the loaf, about ¾ of the way down (do not cut through) and remove excess bread.
- Fill loaf with the sausage mixture.
- Arrange mushrooms and olives over the sausage.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and put top of bread back on.
- Wrap in heavy duty foil and bake @ 400° for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. (Can also be put on grill.)