White Beans with Savoie's®
Venison & Pork Smoked Sausage
Prep time: 8 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 53 mins
I have cooked this recipe for years, and the pot gets emptied every time...This sausage is delicious cooked this way!
- 1# bag Camilla Navy Peas, Dry
- ½ Large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Package Savoie's® Venison & Pork Smoked Sausage, sliced in about ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped green onion tops
- Salt and Red Pepper, to taste
- Sort beans in a large stock pot and rinse well.
- Add approximately 3-1/2 quarts of water to the rinsed beans, and put on the stove to cook on medium heat.
- Add chopped yellow onions and sausage. Cover and let come to a boil, stir, and re-cover pot.
- Let cook on low until tender.
- When beans are tender, season to taste with salt and red pepper and add green onion tops.
- Stir and continue to cook until desired thickness.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!