Cajun Gumbo with Chicken, Savoie's® Sausage, & Savoie's® Tasso
- 4 quarts of water
- 4 heaping tablespoons of Savoie's® Roux
- 2 lbs chicken (cut and seasoned with Savoie's® Seasoning)
- 1 pounds Savoie's® Sausage, sliced
- 12 oz. Savoie's® Tasso, sliced thin
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Dissolve roux in water over medium heat and let boil for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken, sliced sausage, tasso, and vegetables Bring to a boil..
- Lower fire to a medium heat and cook until chicken and vegetables are tender (bout 1-1.5 hours)
- Add remaining water and all ingredients except parsley and green onions.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook until chicken is tender (about 1.5 hours).
- Add green onions and parsley about 15 minutes before serving and Savoie's® Seasoning to your taste.
- Serve over rice in soup bowls.