Savoie’s® Sausage Sauce Piquante
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb Savoie’s® sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 3 ½ cups water, in all
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a 5-quart pot, heat oil on medium heat until oil is very hot.
- Add sausage, cook and stir constantly for 3 minutes making sure sausage is brown on all sides.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery and reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- In remaining water dissolve roux, tomato paste, salt, red pepper and sugar, add to pot; cover and cook 10 minutes. Add green onion and parsley.
- Cover, reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or any type cooked pasta.