Taco Tasso Dip
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 16 oz Savoie's® Tasso, cooked and finely chopped or shredded
- 1 cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ½ can black beans
- 2.5 cups salsa
- 2 cups nacho cheese
- topping of black olives, sliced jalapeno, etc.
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add onions, bell peppers, garlic, taco seasoning, black beans, salsa, and tasso.
- Mix well. Season to taste.
- Spread ½ of mixture in greased 9x5 pan.
- Put 1 cup cheese over mixture.
- Layer balance of mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Add olives, jalapenos, etc, over mixture.
- Bake at 360 degrees until cheese is melted & gooey (about 20 minutes).
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or large corn chips.