Dirty, Rotten, Corrupt Rice
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 90 mins
Total time: 2 hours
A tasty side to round out a meal or a meal all by itself.
- One and a half pounds Savoie's® Smoked Pork Hot Sausage
- One and a half cup uncooked rice
- One 10¾ ounce can cream of chicken soup
- Two 10¾ ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
- One large onion, chopped
- One green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Three stalks celery, diced
- One 10¾ ounce soup can of water
- Cut the sausage into small pieces.
- In a large skillet sauté the sausage breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Once it is cooked, add the rice and stir. Add the soups, water, onion, bell pepper, and celery and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9X13-inch foil roasting pan and cover tightly with heavy aluminum foil.
- Place in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for one and a half hours.
- Remove from oven and let it rest before serving.