Gulf of Mexico Stew
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour 45 mins
- 1 lb of shrimp
- ½ lb of oysters
- 2 lbs crabs, clean and cracked in half
- ½ dozen boiled eggs, cut in half (take out the yolk)
- 4-5 potatoes
- Savoie's® smoked sausage
- Savoie's® roux (large jar)
- Savoie's® seasoning or other Cajun seasoning
- Garlic powder
- ascent seasoning
- cayenne pepper
- teaspoon of salt
- bay leaf
- green onion, celery,bell peppers,white onion,parsley, garlic
- Boil water in a nice size pot.
- When water comes to a boil, add half of the potatoes and Cajun seasoning into the boiling water.
- Add roux. (You might want to add as much roux as you can so it can have a real thick texture.)
- Let cook for about 35-45 minutes. Add Savoie's® sausage and seasoning (salt, garlic powder, ascent, cayenne pepper, etc.) within that 45 minutes.
- Taste it while adding the seasoning so you can get a good idea of the flavoring.
- Add the crabs and rest of the potatoes once 35-45 minutes is over with the roux cooking.
- minutes after adding the crabs, then add oysters and shrimp. It should take about 15 minutes to cook the shrimp and oysters together in the stew.
- Last but not least, add eggs to the cooked stew.
- It should be done once you notice the potatoes starting to get real tender. That's when it's time to put it over some rice!!!!