Savoie’s® Tasso, Andouille & Chicken Jambalaya
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 oz Savoie’s® pork tasso, thinly sliced
- 10 oz Savoie’s® andouille, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 ½ cup onions, chopped fine
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped fine
- ½ cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 4 cups water, in all
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped fine
- 6 cups cooked rice
- In a 5-quart pot, heat oil over medium heat until very hot.
- Add tasso and andouille; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add onions, bell pepper and celery. Cook and stir continually for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and 3 cups of the water; cook and stir often, about 15 minutes or until all meat is tender.
- Add Cajun seasoning, remaining water, and chicken; reduce heat to low.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent from sticking.
- Add green onions and cooked rice; stir well to mix.
- Let set for 5 minutes for flavor to marry.