Low-Cal Savoie’s® Sausage & Tasso Cabbage Casserole
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 1 12 oz package Savoie’s® turkey sausage
- 6 oz Savoie’s® turkey tasso, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ large red bell pepper, julienne (about 3 oz)
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups reduced-fat canned cream of mushroom soup
- 1 12 oz can evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 pounds cabbage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the inside of a 5-quart pot with vegetable cooking spray and place over high heat. Add the sausage and tasso; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and bell peppers; cook and stir 15 minutes.
- Add the mushroom soup, milk, green onions, and salt; cook and stir 10 minutes.
- Spray the inside of a 13½ x 9½ x2” baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Add half of the cabbage; place evenly inside dish, then layer with half of the sausage mixture. Repeat process.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes; then uncover; stir well.
- Cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes. Cabbage should be tender. If you like your vegetables very tender, simply cook a little longer.