Savoie’s® Pork Sausage Eggplant Casserole
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 10 mins
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 10 cups eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb Savoie’s® smoked pork sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 5-quart pot over high heat, bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and eggplant; cook and stir occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Drain and discard water; set aside.
- In the same pot add sausage, onion, bell pepper, and oil. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is transparent and sausage is brown.
- Add cream; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Spray the inside of a 8x8x2 baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Layer sausage, cooked onion mixture, eggplant, corn flakes, and green onions.
- Repeat method ending with corn flakes on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.