Crock Pot White Beans
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 7 hours
Total time: 7 hours 5 mins
Slow cook white beans using a crock pot and Savoie's® smoked sausage and Savoie's® tasso Ingredients
- 3 links of Savoie's® Smoked Sausage
- 1 package of Savoie's® Tasso
- 1 pound of white beans (Navy beans)
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 small jalapeno peppers chopped fine
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Pour white beans in crock pot and pour in 32 oz. of water.
- Let beans soak for 6 hours to absorb water.
- After 6 hours pour in more water just enough to see at bottom of beans. (Usually about 8 more oz.) Then put in remainder of ingredients and season with Cajun seasoning. (It will not take much seasoning just maybe a tablespoon.)
- Turn pot on low and let cook for 6-7 hours.
- Stir only once completely cooked, because you don't want to lose the moisture by continuously opening lid. It is not necessary to stir in the crock pot.