Mama's Sausage Bread
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour
Delicious stuffed bread that's made in advance and super easy to serve!
- 2 loaves of frozen bread dough
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of Savoie's® sausage
- Shredded Mozzarella and Provolone cheese
- Defrost frozen bread loaf according to package directions.
- While it's defrosting, brown a pound of ground beef and a pound or more of chopped or sliced Savoie's® sausage.
- Cool the meat mixture.
- When the bread is defrosted, spread it out to a large rectangular shape.
- Fill the center of the bread with beef and sausage. Top with grated cheeses (we use mozzarella and provolone) and chopped olives.
- Fold the sides of bread over the meat and pinch seam closed. Transfer to baking pan placing the seam side down.
- Bake at 375 degrees until the bread is dark, golden brown.
- Let cool approximately 30 minutes, if you can, before slicing. Ca c'est bon, sha!!