Pork Roast & Savoie's® Venison Sausage
Goes great with smothered potatoes cooked with Savoie's® sausage!
- 1 Savoie's® Seasoned Pork Roast
- 1 pound Savoie's® Pork & Venison Sausage, sliced
- 1 large white onion. chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Savoie's® Browning Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Beef Soup Base
- 1 can steak & mushroom sauce
- Savoie's® Seasoning to taste
- Remove pork roast from wrapper, leaving the net on.
- In med roaster, add roast to 2 tablespoons heated vegetable oil.
- Brown well, turning roast often, adding water as needed to avoid scorching.
- Once browned, remove roast. Add sausage, onion, bell peppers, and garlic. Saute until onions are clear.
- Return roast to the pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for one hour or until roast is tender. (If gravy is too thin, add 1-2 tablespoons of Savoie's® powdered roux in ½ cup of water.)
- Serve over rice.