Sausage, Chicken, & Egg Gumbo
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- 3 tablespoons Savoie's® Old Fashioned Dark Roux
- 6 cups water
- ½ lb. Savoie's® Sausage
- ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken thigh, strips
- 3 raw eggs
- 1 tablespoon Chicken Base
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Garlic & seasoning to taste
- Mix water, meat, chicken base, onions, roux, and seasoning in large pot.
- Boil until meat is tender.
- Add water as necessary. Cook for about 1 hour.
- Crack eggs, one at a time, and put in gumbo.
- Cook about 15 more minutes.
- Sprinkle green onions, or parsley, when cooked.
- Serve over rice. Will yield 3 servings @ 2 cups each.