This is a Savoie family favorite and is excellent served with homemade macaroni-and-cheese.
- 13 cups water
- ¾ to 1 pint Savoie’s® Dark Roux
- 1 large onion
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 lb ground pork
- Savoie’s® Seasoning (to taste)
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup green onion tops
- Boil 8 cups of water, then add roux and dissolve fully.
- While water is boiling, in a separate bowl, mix pork with soup mix and seasoning to taste.
- Roll meat into balls and bake until brown, but not fully cooked.
- Once roux is completely dissolved, add bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
- Cook until onions are clear. Add remaining water.
- Stir occasionally for 45 minutes.
- Add meatballs and drippings and cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Add seasoning to taste and parsley and green onion tops.
If time allows, mix ground pork with soup mix and seasoning and allow to set for an hour before cooking. Can also be prepared the night before and refrigerated. Make meatballs with an ice-cream scoop for perfect size!