Chicken, Andouille, & Tasso Sauce Piquante
This is a very authentic Cajun dish. It’s very easy and quick to make and will impress your out-of-town guests! Enjoy!
- 1 pack Savoie’s® Tasso
- 1 lb Savoie’s® Andouille
- 1 ½ lb boneless chicken
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Savoie’s® Seasoning
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can Rotel®
- 2 cans water
- 1 tablespoon Savoie’s® Dark Roux
- Slice tasso and andouille into small pieces. Cut up chicken and flavor it with seasoning.
- Heat oil and add chicken, tasso, and andouille.
- Brown until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and garlic.
- Sauté until onions are clear, adding small amounts of water to avoid sticking.
- Add can of Rotel® and 3 cans of water.
- Bring to boil, then add roux.
- When roux is dissolved, simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add seasoning to taste. Serve over rice.