Chicken & Savoie's® Andouille Gumbo
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 5 hours
- 3 lbs of boiled and de-boned sliced chicken breast
- 1 lb of sliced Savoie's® andouille sausage
- ½ cup of oil
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 ½ cups of chopped onions
- 1 ½ cups of chopped green onion
- ½ cup of of chopped bell pepper
- ¼ cup of chopped celery
- (optional) 1 minced jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 10 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- filé seasoning (optional)
- Heat oil at medium heat, stirring in flour to make a dark roux.
- Add onions, green onions, bell pepper, celery, jalapeno, and parsley, while continuing to stir.
- Add one cup of chicken broth to the roux and stir to form a thick paste.
- Add remaining broth, garlic, and wine, continuing to stir.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper, chicken breast and Savoie's® andouille sausage.
- Cover and heat on low for 3 hours.
- Serve over rice with filé (optional).