A secret to seafood gumbo, as passed down from Miss Eula, is to make it ahead of time, allowing the seafood to stand. Delicious!
- 15 cups water
- 1 pint Savoie’s® Dark Roux
- 2 large onions, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 lb shrimp
- 2 lb crawfish
- 1 lb crab meat
- 6 teaspoons dried shrimp powder
- Savoie’s® Seasoning (to taste)
- ½ cup onion tops
- ½ cup parsley
- Boil 8 cups of water, then add roux and dissolve. Stir often to avoid sticking.
- Once completely dissolved, add remaining water, bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook 45 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook 20 minutes, stir, remove from heat, and cover.
- Let stand for 30 minutes. Serve over rice.