Stuffed Sausage in a Bun
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 8 links, cooked, Savoie's® Sausage, cut to fit buns
- 16 tablespoons hot dog relish
- 4 slices Jalapeno Velveeta Cheese, cut in 8 strips
- Spread 2 tablespoons of relish on each bun.
- Slice sausage, lengthwise, ¾ of the way.
- Fill with cheese and place on buns.
- Wrap each bun in heavy duty foil.
- Grill uncovered over medium to hot heat for 8 to 10 minutes (making sure that the buns do not burn),until cheese is melted.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.