Crab, Shrimp, and Oyster Creole
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours 20 mins
My favorite seafood gravy. Goes great with a side of potato salad.
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 6 to 8 stew crab
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 qt of oysters
- ½ pint Savoie's® Roux
- 1 can of Rotel®
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Savoie's® seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- 6 boiled eggs (optional)
- cup of chopped green onion tops (optional)
- Start with about a quart of water. Bring to boil and add about half pint of Savoie's® Roux.
- Once all the roux is melted add a large onion and bell pepper.
- Turn the heat down and add a can of Rotel® and a small can of tomato sauce.
- Add seasoning of your liking.
- Cook this down for about 2 hours on a simmer. Don't let it stick. Try not to add any water. (You want it thick because when you add the seafood it releases a lot of water.)
- Once it thickens up to the point where you can stir it and it leaves a tear drop behind the spoon, add 2 lbs of shrimp, crab-meat, and a quart of oysters. (Also works with whole stew crabs.)
- Cover and let it cook for about 10 or 15 min until shrimp are cooked through. (I also like to add a few whole boiled eggs and some chopped up onion tops.) Serve over rice.